Today I am going to answer some age old questions concerning makeup. All of us have had these same questions at one time or another. So this if for my makeup newbies.
1. Is it ever okay to sleep in my make up?
- No its not a good idea. Makeup will clog your pores and make your skin oily if you sleep with it on. Always try to remember to wash your face before bed, if you cant do that then reach for a makeup wipe or wet wipe.
2. Is it okay to wash my hair everyday?
-Its not going to hurt you, but it can damage your hair. When you wash your hair shampoo strips the natural oils in your hair. This can lead to dry and damaged hair. It is ideal to wash your hair ever 3 days and dry shampoo in between.
3. How often should I wash my makeup bushes?
- Many people wash their brushes 1x a week, however experts say that washing them 1x a month is fine. You should not go longer then 1 a month though as dust, dirt, and germ, can build up on them and be transfer to your face. This can cause breakouts. I recommend baby shampoo to wash brushes safely, gently, and effectively.
4. Is it okay to pump my mascara?
- Goodness we have all been there, what fun it is to pump away at our mascara; but unfortunately no its not okay. When mascara is pumped it puts excess air into the tube and it is sealed inside. This air will dry out your mascara very quickly. Avoid pumping your mascara, I roll my wand around the inside to make sure its good and coated.
6. Is it okay to keep my lip stick after having a cold?
- Yes its perfectly fine to keep your lip stick after a cold. By then your body has developed and immunity to whatever it was that was making you sick and you are indeedly over it. There's no reason to throw out your favorite lip color. :)
7. Do I have to wash my face every day?
- You wont get arrested if you don't, but your face will love you if you do! Its a good idea to clean your face daily as this removes dead skin cells and revives your skin, especially if you wear makeup daily. If you don't have time, grab a makeup wipe or wet wipe.